– The Mediterranean diet is particularly known for its benefits in terms of health and longevity, as it has been observed by various surveys, with key study, the one of the seven countries.
– The Mediterranean type of diet reduces the risk of several chronic degenerative diseases (cardiovascular, various cancers, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, neurodegenerative diseases, etc.).
– The nature of the food lipid, their high content in antioxidants and the high amount of fiber, offer protection and fortify the body (in combination with an average daily physical activity).
– The combination of the several characteristics of the Mediterranean diet along with a sense of proportion, constitute its beneficial nature and not the excessive consumption of individual foods.
– That is why, the balanced Mediterranean diet of Kalamata, the regular physical activity, the proper hydration (definitely 6-8 glasses of water a day) along with an adequate sleep -if all combined together-, offer wellness and good health.